Below the LUT Summer School 2014 detailed course descriptions.
Click on the name of the course to open the file.
- Creativity, Innovation, Entrepreneurship in New Product Development
- International Marketing of High Technology Products and Innovations
- Frontiers in International Business, Transformations of the World Economy and
Global Production Networks
- Doing Business in China
- Doing Business in Russia
- Sustainable Products and Processes: Design Methods and Tools
- Simulation Modelling in Industrial Management
- Innovation Management in New Product Creation
- Advanced Course in Strategic Management
- Game Design - from Concepts to Implementation
- Systematic Approach to Inventive Thinking
- Solar Economy and Smart Grids
- Material Selection and Manufacturability Aspects of Energy Technology Applications
- Computational Science and Physics: Mathematical Modeling of Problems in Environmental Protection
Doing Business in Russia, 4 ECTS credits (23 - 27 July)
The course Doing Business in Russia is a part of the International Business module. Students can take International Business module with or without the course Doing Business in Russia.
The course is lectured partly at LUT and partly in St. Petersburg, Russia. Students must attend all lectures at LUT and in St. Petersburg in order to receive the final grade for the course. Following the academic part, students stay in St. Petersburg for the weekend and enjoy an organized cultural and social program.
The program of the course:
- 23 - 24 July - lectures at LUT
- 24 July - departure to St. Petersburg
- 25 July - company visit and lectures in St. Petersburg
- 25 - 27 July - cultural program
Note! An additional fee will be charged for travelling and cultural events during the trip. The fee is EUR 370 without visa costs.
The fee includes company visit in St. Petersburg, lunch on Friday during the company visit, two-way train tickets, an accommodation with breakfast in hotel Moscow, a river cruise, a tour at the State Hermitage Museum, and a dinner at Russian-styled restaurant. Participants are responsible for their own visa costs. Detailed instructions and official invitation document will be sent to those, who enroll for the course.
The LUT Summer School reserves the right to change or modify the schedule of the course.
Students of other modules can join the weekend trip to St. Petersburg on 25 - 27 July 2014.