Below LUT Summer School 2015 detailed course descriptions. Click on the name of the course to open the file.
- Creatitivy and Entrepreneurship in New Product Development from the Silicon Valley's Perspectives
- International Marketing of High Technology Products and Innovations
- Frontiers in IB, Transformations in the World Economy and Global Production Networks
- Doing Business in China
- Doing Business in Russia
- Innovation Management in New Product Creation
- Systematic Creativity - TRIZ Basics
- Inventive Product Design and Advanced TRIZ
- Additive Manufacturing - aka 3D Printing
- Sustainable Products and Processes: Cradle-to-Grave Approach
- Advanced Course in Strategic Management
- Material Selection and Manufacturability Aspects of Energy Technology Applications
- Gadget Code Camp
- Game Design - from Concepts to Implementation
- Simulation Modelling in Industrial Management
- Solar Economy and Smart Grids
Course description for the course Computational Science and Physics will be published later.
Doing Business in Russia, 4 ECTS credits (29 July - 2 August 2015)
The course Doing Business in Russia is a part of the International Business module. Students can take International Business module with or without the course Doing Business in Russia.
The course is lectured partly at LUT and partly in St. Petersburg, Russia. Students must attend all lectures at LUT and in St. Petersburg in order to receive the final grade for the course. Following the academic part, students stay in St. Petersburg for the weekend and enjoy an organized cultural and social program.
The program of the course:
- 29 - 30 July - lectures at LUT
- 30 July - departure to St. Petersburg
- 31 July - company visit and lectures in St. Petersburg
- 31 July - 2 August - cultural program
Note! An additional fee will be charged for travelling and cultural events during the trip. The fee is EUR 470 without visa costs.
The fee includes company visit in St. Petersburg, lunch on Friday during the company visit, two-way train tickets, an accommodation with breakfast in hotel Moscow, a river cruise, a tour at the State Hermitage Museum, and a dinner at Russian-styled restaurant. Participants are responsible for their own visa costs. Detailed instructions and official invitation document will be sent to those, who enroll for the course.
The LUT Summer School reserves the right to change or modify the schedule of the course.
Students of other modules can join the weekend trip to St. Petersburg on 31 July - 2 August 2015.