Who are we?
Nine European Universities have joined together to form EULIST. The partners represent a geographically diverse group from all corners of Europe.
- LUT University, Finland
- Jönköping University, Sweden
- Leibniz University Hannover, Germany
- Vienna University of Technology, Austria
- National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava, Slovakia
- Brno University of Technology, Czech Republic
- Rey Juan Carlos University, Spain
- University of L’Aquila, Italy
Linking society and technology is a central theme that will be evident in many initiatives developed within the network. Society and technology are interdependent concepts. Society is a major driver of technological change, while advances in technology impact social development. To prepare for the Europe of tomorrow, EULIST recognises the need to educate individuals who understand both the technical issues we are likely to face and the social context and dimensions for which technological solutions are designed. With this as a basis, EULIST will foster the integration and cross-pollination of STEM disciplines and social sciences in a broad range of activities.
Towards a European University
The EULIST network is actively taking steps to become recognised as a European University within the European Commission’s Erasmus + programme. The European University Initiative is part of the EU’s ‘Strategic framework for European cooperation in education and training’ and aims to promote new forms of deeper collaboration through transnational alliances.