Jamshid Aghaei (Senior Member, IEEE) received the B.Sc. degree in electrical engineering from the Power and Water Institute of Technology, Tehran, Iran, in 2003, and the M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees from the Iran University of Science and Technology, Tehran, in 2005 and 2009, respectively. He is currently a Full Professor with the Lappeenranta University of Technology LUT, Lappeenranta, Finland. Prior to this, Dr. Aghaei was Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Electric Power System Operation and Planning in Shiraz University of technology (SUTech), Shiraz, Iran, from 2010 to 2020. During his employment with SUTech, he had opportunities to join some international universities as a visiting researcher in different periods including: University of Wollongong (UOW), Wollongong, Australia (in 2013 and 2015) and the Department of Electric Power Engineering, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway, from 2017-2019.
- Integration of Storage and Renewable Energy Resources
- Smart Grids Design, Operation and Economics,
- Restructured Power Systems and Power Markets
- Power Systems Operation and Planning
- Reliability (Adequacy and Security) and Resilience Assessment of Power Systems
- Demand Response
- Application of Artificial Intelligence and Optimization Methods (including Stochastic approaches, multi-objective frameworks, mathematical decomposition, and linear/non-linear programming) in Power System Studies.