The double degree Nordic Master's Programme in Sustainable ICT Solutions of Tomorrow aims to produce experts who can design ethical, usable and privacy-aware software solutions for a sustainable future. The programme focuses on ICT and software knowledge, skills and competencies; the design, development and deployment of digital solutions and services; sustainable and ethical decisions; and user (human or machine) experience and privacy.
The programme gives competences in software development, technologies and system architecture, digitalisation, and innovation – all with a sustainable goal and underlying demand. Students can further specialise in sustainable digital transformations or innovation and digital sustainability.
You can specialise in one of two areas – sustainable software engineering or sustainable ICT solutions – during the third semester of the programme.
- The sustainable software engineering specialisation at LUT is based on core studies of software engineering and applies sustainable thinking.
- The sustainable ICT solutions specialisation at Aalborg University Copenhagen builds on Internet technologies from a sustainable perspective.
The double degree Nordic Master's Programme in Sustainable ICT Solutions of Tomorrow is developed in cooperation with Aalborg University Copenhagen (AAU), Denmark. The programme combines the software engineering education of LUT with the ICT engineering education of AAU. Students admitted to this double degree programme receive a degree certificate from both universities after they have fulfilled their degree requirements.
Students may participate in education either in class or online. The programme includes a mandatory mobility period at Aalborg University Copenhagen during the studies.
If you have a Bachelor's degree in software engineering from LUT University, please apply by 15 February 2022 by sending an e-mail to email@example.com with the following attachments:
- a free-form application letter indicating your motivation to apply to the double degree programme
- a transcript of your records (minimum GPA 2.5) and your BSc degree certificate
- proof of English proficiency.
The Nordic Master's Programme in Sustainable ICT Solutions of Tomorrow aims to educate experts who are able to design ethical, usable and privacy-aware ICT solutions for a sustainable future.
In addition, the specialisation in sustainable ICT solutions provides students a sustainable mindset, meaning that they
- follow ethical research and development approaches while providing ICT solutions;
- take into account both humans and machines as the users of the solutions;
- are aware of the impacts of their ICT solutions on the environment and society.
After completing the programme, graduates will have acquired:
- knowledge and understanding of environmental issues, requirements engineering, software quality and impact, software interaction design, innovation and networking, and strategic and business analysis;
- skills in project management, teamwork, problem-solving (analytical and critical thinking), ethics, cultural awareness, entrepreneurship and employability, and user-centric design skills;
- competence in sustainability, tools and methods for software engineering, and software design and development;
- a professional network of Nordic and European actors in sustainable ICT development.
Degree structure and studies
The Nordic Master's Programme in Sustainable ICT Solutions of Tomorrow is a two-year programme. It leads to the degree of Master of Science in Technology, M.Sc. (Tech.), which is 120 ECTS credits.
This is a double degree programme developed in cooperation with Aalborg University Copenhagen (AAU), Denmark. Students admitted to this Master's programme will receive a degree certificate from both LUT and AAU after they have fulfilled the degree requirements of both universities.
The programme includes core and advanced specialisation studies as well as a Master's thesis.
The programme is divided into four semesters, each 30 ECTS credits. The studies include an exchange period in the partner university.
The programme educates ICT experts with a sustainable mindset.
The programme educates experts who are capable of creating sustainable ICT solutions of tomorrow, solutions that make a difference.
Graduates can find work as e.g. sustainability consultants, software developers, software architects, user experience specialists, and project manager.
Subscribe to our newsletter
The LUT newsletter is your guide to what's happening on campus and in the student community, delivered directly to your email each month.
Be curious – be one of us.