The information available at the moment was for the previous application period.
The updated eligibility requirements plus all the other information for the next application period will be published at the end of September 2019.
Admissions Criteria and Selection
Final selection among the applicants is based on:
- Academic success
= the GPA for the degree providing you with the eligibility to apply to the programme.
There are no interviews included in the selection process.
If failing to present any information requested on your application form, the missing information will not be taken into account in the selection process. This applies also to indicating or calculating your GPA as requested if not already indicated in your Transcript of Records.
The Admissions Committee for the programme has a right to decide whether the applicant's previous studies match with the requirements for the programme or not. There will be no preliminary statements given regarding to previous studies before or during the application period.
Minimum Requirements for the Programme
Previous Preogramme-Specific Studies
To possibly get admitted, you must have completed
- A minimum of 40 ECTS credits of studies in Electrical Engineering and/or Electronics
- The studies have to be completed in a University or University of Applied Sciences.
- Final Theses and internships are not to be included.
- Studies in Information Technology etc. not to be included.
- Courses completed in Finland and credited in the former credit system (opintoviikko), must be converted to ECTS credits by using the factor 1.8 for university level studies and 1.5 for UAS level studies.
- Courses completed more than 15 years ago will not be considered unless, they are included in the degree.
- 1 ECTS credit = 26 hours of workload (lectures, assignments etc.)
The Admissions Committee for the programme is responsible for either accepting or not accepting the previous studies as programme-specific studies required. Statements regarding to previous studies and whether they will be accepted or not are not given before or during the application period.
To possibly get admitted, the GPA for the degree providing you with the eligibility to apply must be
- a minimum of 3.50 on the scale of 1.00 - 5.00.
Academic Success (max. 5 points)
The GPA for the degree providing you with the eligibility to apply to the programme is given points as follows:
- 5 points = 4.50 or higher
- 4 points = 4.00 - 4.49
- 3 points = 3.50 - 3.99
- 2 points = 3.00 - 3.49
- 1 point = 2.50 - 2.99
You are required to indicate your GPA on your application form with two decimals or, calculate it if not indicated in the Degree Certificate or Transcript of Records. The GPA is an arithmetic average of all individual study attainments included in the degree graded with numbers, excluding the Final Thesis. If your previous degree was not evaluated on a 5-point scale, your GPA will be adapted to a 5-point grading scale by the Admission Committee for the programme.
NOTE: You are required to provide a link on your application form to verify the grading scale. If not able to do that and the grading scale not being explained in either the Degree Certificate or Transcript of Records, an additional, officially certified document issued by the degree-awarding university is required.
In case of the points being the same for applicants in that critical point of when the number of applicants getting admitted is full, it is the actual GPA that will be considered at that point i.e. the higher GPA will be outruling the lower ones.