and Entrepreneurship (MIBE)
The information available at the moment was for the previous application period.
The updated eligibility requirements plus all the other information for the next application period will be published at the end of September 2019.
Admissions Criteria and Selection
Selection process is carried out in two stages:
Final selection among the interviewed applicants is based on:
- Points received only from the interview
If failing to present any information requested on your application form, the missing information will not be taken into account in the selection process. This applies also to presenting your previous studies in ECTS credits by courses and in total as requested as well as calculating your GPA as requested if not already indicated in your Transcript of Records.
Only the study attainments listed on the application form that are included on the Transcript of Records by the time of submitting the application form will be taken into account in the selection process.
The Admissions Committee for the programme has a right to decide whether the applicant's previous studies match with the requirements for the programme or not. There will be no preliminary statements given regarding to previous studies before or during the application period.
Minimum Requirements for the Programme
Previous Programme-Specific Studies
To possibly get admitted, you must have completed
- a minimum of 24 ECTS credits of studies in International Business or Entrepreneurship
- The studies have to be completed in a University or University of Applied Sciences.
- Final Theses and internships are not to be included.
- Courses completed in Finland and credited in the former credit system (opintoviikko), must be converted to ECTS credits by using the factor 1.8 for university level studies and 1.5 for UAS level studies.
- Courses completed more than 15 years ago will not be considered unless, they are included in the degree.
You are responsible for converting, calculating and presenting the required and completed studies in ECTS credits on your application form listed by disciplines and courses according to the following:
- 1 ECTS credit = 26 hours of workload (lectures, assignments etc.)
The Admissions Committee for the programme is responsible for either accepting or not accepting the previous studies as programme-specific studies required. Statements regarding to previous studies and whether they will be accepted or not are not given before or during the application period.
1) Academic Success (max. 5 points)
The GPA for the degree providing you the eligibility is given points as follows:
- 3 points = 3.00 - 3.49
- 5 points = 3.50 - 5.00
You must indicate your GPA for the degree giving you the eligibility to apply on your application form with two decimals or, calculate it if not indicated in the Degree Certificate or Transcript of Records. The GPA is an arithmetic average of all individual study attainments included in the degree graded with numbers, including the Final Thesis. If your previous degree was not evaluated on a 5-point scale, your GPA will be adapted to a 5-point grading scale by the Admission Committee for the programme.
NOTE: You must provide a link on your application form to verify the grading scale. If not able to do that and the grading scale not being explained in either the Degree Certificate or Transcript of Records, an additional, officially certified document issued by the degree-awarding university is required.
2) Letter of Motivation (max. 10 points)
Your motivation will be assessed based on a Letter of Motivation (max. 500 words).
In your Letter of Motivation, you need to carefully explain your reasons for applying to this programme. You also have to indicate how you are able to use and optimize your strong points by choosing this particular programme (examples required) and, how the studies in this programme would support your career plans in the future.
Letter of Motivation is given points as follows:
- 0-2 points = poor
- 3-5 points = fair
- 6-8 points = good
- 9-10 points = excellent
For international experience, you may get a maximum of 3 points, included in the total points for the Letter of Motivation as follows:
- 0 points = no international experience
- 1 point = 1-3 months of experience
- 2 points = 3-6 months of experience
- 3 points = more than 6 months of experience
In the second stage of the admissions process, a certain number of applicants are invited to an interview in the order of the highest total points achieved in the preliminary selection.
Your motivation, applicability for the programme as well as communication skills will be evaluated in the interview.
- Case Study Related to the Interview
- Approximately a week before the interview, the ones invited to an interview will receive a case study related to International Business and Entrepreneurship by e-mail. The completed case study will act as part of the evaluation for practical language skills in English and competence.
Interview is given points as follows:
- Personal motivation = 0-5 points
- Practical language skills in English = 0-2 points
- Case study = 0-8 points
The interviews will take place on March 6-7, 2019.