- Trilateral Master's Degree Programme in Energy Technology
- Erasmus Mundus Master: SAfe and REliable Nuclear Applications (SARENA)
- Erasmus Mundus Master's Programme Software Engineers for Green Deal (SE4GD)
- Nordic Master's Programme in Sustainable ICT Solutions of Tomorrow (Prophet)
This trilateral programme was launched in 2018, in cooperation with
- Leibniz Universität Hannover, Germany
- Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, Russia
- LUT University
The 1st semester takes place in Lappeenranta, the 2nd semester in St. Petersburg and the 3rd semester in Hannover. The Master Thesis should be written at the home University. In each semester the participants can recieve 30 ECTS in approved courses at each University following lectures held in English. The teaching language for the entire programme is English.
Degrees to be Awarded
Successful graduates from the study programme will be awarded three degrees:
- Master of Science (MSc) in Technology (Energy Technology) from Leibniz Universität Hannover, Germany
- Master of Science (MSc) in Technology (Energy Technology) from Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland
- Master of Science (MSc) in Technology (Power Plant Engineering) from Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, Russia.
Degree Structure 2021-2022
The degree structure of 120 ECTS (2020-2021) consists of:
- Core studies of 13 ECTS credits
- Specialisation studies in Trilateral Energy Technology Programme of 107 ECTS credits, including a Master's thesis
- Elective studies are allowed, but not obligatory.
The application process is coordinated by the nominating universities in Germany and Russia in the beginning of June each year. If interested in the Trilateral Studies in Energy Technology, please contact the relevant person in your home university.
LUT Students having been admitted to the LUT programmes Energy Conversion and Electrical Engineering have been able to show their interest towards applying to this trilateral programme at the time of applying to the LUT programmes.
The SARENA programme is a consortium of the following universities
Students choosing LUT University as one of the host universities will be awarded a Degree from both LUT University and University of Ljubljana.
The coordinating university is IMT Atlantique in France.
For further information, please see the website for the SARENA programme.
The programme is a trilateral degree programme, starting in Fall 2021 between the following universities
- University L'Aquila (UnivAq), Italy
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU), the Netherlands
- LUT University
while the coordinating university being LUT University.
The duration of the programme is 2 years and the minimum content 120 ECTS credits. Students completing the programme will be awarded a degree from all three universities.
During the first semester, students will emphasize the fundamentals in Software Engineering at UnivAq in Italy.
The second semester introduces the fundamentals in Sustainable Development and offers competences in Sustainable Software Engineering at LUT University.
The third semester focuses on Software Engineering for sustainability goals at VU in the Netherlands.
The fourth semester is dedicated to the Master Thesis project.
For further information, please see the website for the SE4GD Programme.
- Aalborg University Copenhagen AAU CPH, Denmark
- LUT University Lappeenranta, Finland
The coordinating university is LUT University.
The 1st semester takes place in Lappeenranta, the 2nd semester in Aalborg University Copenhagen. For the second year the student may choose one of the specialization offered:
- The sustainable ICT solutions specialisation at Aalborg University Copenhagen builds on Internet technologies from a sustainable perspective.
- The sustainable software engineering specialisation at LUT is based on core studies of software engineering education and applies sustainable thinking.
Degrees to be Awarded
- Master of Science (MSc) in Technology from LUT University
- Master of Science in Engineering (Innovative Communication Technologies and Entrepreneurship)
The programme includes a mandatory mobility period at Aalborg University's Copenhagen during the studies.
Submit your application to this programme through either LUT University or Aalborg University Copenhagen admissions.
For further information, degree structure and learning outcomes please see the website for the Prophet Programme.