Below LUT Summer School 2018 courses and detailed course descriptions. Click on the name of the course to open the file.
Master's-level courses by Lappeenranta University of Technology:
- Creatitivy and Entrepreneurship in New Product Development from the Silicon Valley's Perspectives
- International Human Resource Management
- Understanding Consumer Behaviour in a Global and Online Environment
- Doing Business in/with China
- Doing Business in Russia
- Systematic Creativity - TRIZ Basics
- Inventive Product Design and Advanced TRIZ
- Additive Manufacturing - 3D Printing
- Advanced Course in Strategic Management
- Computational Engineering and Technical Physics: Computer Vision and Medical Imaging, selected topics
- Material Selection and Manufacturability Aspects of Energy Technology Applications
- Solar Economy and Smart Grids
- Game Design - From Concepts to Implementation
Bachelor's level courses by Saimaa University of Applied Sciences:
- International Law and Contracts
- Mobile Marketing
- Revenue Management
- Intercultural Communication
- Russian Language
- Finnish Culture and Language
- Supervisory Control - The Human Aspects in Industrial Control
- International Business Simulation
- 3D Virtual Models and Animations
- Building Information Modelling (BIM) in Building Processes (course description will be updated soon)
- Life-Cycle Economics (course description will be updated soon)
- Green Building in Northern Europe (course description will be updated soon)
Doing Business in Russia, 4 ECTS credits (25-29 July 2018)
The course Doing Business in Russia is a part of the International Business module. Students can take International Business module with or without the course Doing Business in Russia.
The course is lectured partly at LUT and partly in St. Petersburg, Russia. Students must attend all lectures at LUT and in St. Petersburg in order to receive the final grade for the course. Following the academic part, students stay in St. Petersburg for the weekend and enjoy an organised cultural and social programme.
The programme of the course:
- 25-26 July - lectures at LUT
- 27 July - departure to St. Petersburg, lectures at 11.00 am.-19.00 pm.
- 27-29 July - cultural programme in St. Petersburg
Note! An additional fee will be charged for travelling and cultural events during the trip. The fee is EUR 470 without visa costs.
The fee includes company visit in St. Petersburg, lunch on Friday during the company visit, two-way train tickets, an accommodation with breakfast in hotel Moscow, a river cruise, a tour at the State Hermitage Museum, and a dinner at Russian-styled restaurant. Detailed instructions and official invitation document will be sent to those, who enroll for the course.
Note, that the trip fee includes train tickets to the speed train Allegro: Vainikkala (the nearest railway station)-St. Petersburg-Vainikkala. On the way back on Sunday Allegro train continues to Helsinki after Vainikkala. If you wish to continue to Helsinki, you can book tickets for extra 45 € by informing to us.
Participants are responsible for their own visa costs.
The LUT Summer School reserves the right to change or modify the schedule of the course.
Students of other modules can join the weekend trip to St. Petersburg on 27-29 July 2018.