Intended learning outcomes
After completing this Master's programme, you will be ready to engage in modern, world-class manufacturing for a sustainable future.
You will be able to work in teams and handle the interaction between product development, production, materials technology, design, construction, energy and process technology, and operational techniques.
- understand manufacturing as a whole and as an essential part of the company business;
- adopt the principles of the most common and widely used manufacturing processes;
- be able to work with others in task-orientated groups in a productive manner and lead and manage production tasks and projects;
- be able to logically think through daily manufacturing problems and solve them and to contribute to innovative thinking;
- understand the possibilities of automation and robots for manufacturing stages;
- understand the meaning of material selection and design for product manufacture and sustainability;
- be able to rethink existing manufacturing methods and generate innovative new methods for improving the whole factory concept and production;
- understand the economy of manufacturing comprehensively.
Sustainable Production in Mechanical Engineering
Master of Science in Technology
120 ECTS credits
Tuition Fees and Scholarships
EUR 10 000 Non-EU/EEA students
LUT School of Energy Systems
2 December 2019 − 22 January 2020
at 15:00 (UTC+2)
1 October 2019 − 31 May 2020