Moonshots of the 2020s on Energy and Mobility - How to make the most of the missions of Horizon Europe?
SUSTAINABLE ENERGY TRANSITION PATHWAYS
on Monday 8th of October 2018
LUT hosted in Brussels the energy and mobility part of a series of high-level seminars (http://www.unifi.fi/brussels/) addressing the future visions of Finnish universities and their partners regarding EU Research and Innovation Policy and Horizon Europe.
The event presented the feasibility of 100 % renewables energy future and possible transition pathways supported by award winning simulation model. Speakers highlighted the steps needed for global sustainable energy and mobility future and the added value of Horizon Europe for developing EU leadership in trailblazing energy technology industries and solutions. The event linked strongly to the IPCC #SR15 report on Paris 1,5 degrees that was published on the same day on the 8th of October 2018.
- Keynote: European Renewable Energy System as Part of Global Climate Solution, Professor Christian Breyer LUT.
- Enabling Sustainable Mobility Systems, Assistant Professor Milos Mladenovic Aalto University.
- CO2 Management – Need for Negative Greenhouse Gas Emissions, Associate Professor Tero Tynjälä LUT.
- H2020 project STORE&GO - Shaping the energy supply for the future, Dr Johannes Schaffert Gas- und Wärmeinstitut Essen e.V. and storeandgo.info/
- View of European Energy Research Alliance (EERA) on the Sustainable Energy Transition Pathways, Senior Policy Officer Marco Franza ENEA/EERA, Brussels.
- Industry Comment on Sustainable Energy Transition Pathways, Wärtsilä vision towards a 100 % renewable energy future (video) Director of Sales and Marketing Matti Rautkivi, Wärtsilä Energy Solutions.