Partner Day 2019 at LUT University and Saimaa UAS
An info message is sent on Tuesday 3 September to all registered participants and includes details of the train transportation and other practicalities. We are looking forward to meeting you soon!
Programme Tuesday 24 September 2019
Meeting time at the Helsinki railway station: 06:40 (departure 06.55)
Arrival in Lappeenranta at 09.09 and bus transportation to the LUT campus.
10.00 - 11.15 Welcome to LUT University and Saimaa UAS (lecture hall 1316 )
- Rectors' welcome, Rector Juha-Matti Saksa and Rector Merja Heino
- Solar energy by mid-21st century, Professor Christian Breyer
- Junior University, Coordinator Kati Koikkalainen
- ABC of Finnish culture, Project Manager Tanja Karppinen
- Practicalities, International Officer Anne Makkonen
11.30 - 12.00 Laboratory visits in two groups
- Group A: Demonstration of movement analysis suit and how to combine it to computational biomechanics, Professor Aki Mikkola and Lecturer Asko Kilpeläinen
- Group B: Visit to Jamie Hyneman center – rapid prototyping center, Associate Professor Markku Ikävalko and Project Manager Terhi Virkki-Hatakka
12.00-12.55 Lunch at Saimaa UAS
13.00- 13.30 Laboratory visits in two groups
- Group A: Visit to Jamie Hyneman center – rapid prototyping center, Associate Professor Markku Ikävalko and Project Manager Terhi Virkki-Hatakka
- Group B: Demonstration of movement analysis suit and how to combine it to computational biomechanics, Professor Aki Mikkola and Lecturer Asko Kilpeläinen
13.45 Three alternative tracks (based on your registration)
- Mobility coordinator's view to LUT, Anne Makkonen and Suvi Tiainen (room 1325)
- Mobility coordinator's view to Saimaa UAS and introducing the new UAS, Janne Hokkanen and Mari Tuukkanen, (room 1326)
- Taste of LUT research highlights, Maija Kuiri and Jaana Toivola
- Examples of resource efficiency and water purification research, Associate Professor Mari Kallioinen, Pilot Hall
- Quo vadis management research, Professor Kirsimarja Blomqvist, Gallery Hall
15.15 Farewell at Gallery hall (next to the library)
- Janne Hokkanen, Director for International and Study Affairs
15.50 Departure by bus (LUT main entrance)
16.27 Departure from Lappeenranta by train (arrival in Helsinki at 18.29)
Should you have any questions, please contact us by email@example.com
See you in Lappeenranta!
Tervetuloa – as we say in Finnish.
Director for Study and International Affairs
Saimaa University of Applied Sciences