Partner Day 2019
This year Finland is happy to host the annual EAIE conference in Helsinki. Make the most of your stay in Finland and visit LUT University and Saimaa UAS on Tuesday, September 24th.
Come and meet colleagues, get an introduction to the Finnish culture, hear about few research highlights, visit Jamie Hyneman center (rapid prototyping center), tour the modernized campus and get a glimpse of the famous Saimaa lakeland. Three separate programme tracks for the afternoon are designed to meet our guests' expectations.
No transport worries, the city of Lappeenranta is only two hours away from Helsinki and we'll arrange the train transport.
From Helsinki to Lappeenranta, early birds meet at Helsinki railway station
7 am* Departure from Helsinki by train, coffee and snacks available with light entertainment to wake you up.
9 am* Arrival in Lappeenranta and bus transport to the campus.
From Lappeenranta to Helsinki
4:00 pm Departure from the campus to the railway station.
4:30 pm* Departure from Lappeenranta by train.
* The train timetable will be confirmed to the registered participants in August.
Interested? Just sign up.
Seats will be filled in the order of registration due to the limited number of places in the train coach (max 2 persons per university).
Note: this partner day is not a part of the official EAIE programme, therefore free of charge.
Registrations by 28 June 2019 by contacting email@example.com.
Get to know LUT University and Saimaa UAS
- Rector's welcome
- ABC of Finnish culture
- Solar energy by the mid-21st century
- Unusual way of analyzing physical activities of human beings
- Visit to J. Hyneman Center – rapid prototyping center
- LUT Junior University – from pre-school to PhD
- Meet your LUT or Saimaa UAS contact
Three alternative tracks for the afternoon:
- Mobility coordinator's view on LUT and Saimaa UAS
- Taste of LUT research highlights
- Introducing the new university of applied sciences:merger of Saimaa and Lahti UAS
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION firstname.lastname@example.org
See you in Lappeenranta!
Tervetuloa – as we say in Finnish.
Director for Study and International Affairs
Saimaa University of Applied Sciences