GIS-studies (Geographical Information Systems) are used to analyze geographical information about biomass availability and logistics.
LUT Savo Sust. Technol. Bioenergy research group has specialized on biomass supply studies. Geography has a major role in the studies because of dissimilar features of biomass availability and transport network around demand points (e.g. power plants, biorefineries).
- Logistics optimization between alternative transport modes and routes
- Transport routing, optimization of supply and collection transports
- Biomass availability vs. demand
- - Cartographic presentations of biomass balance
- - ArcGIS and QuantumGIS software in use
- - Supply areas
- - Feedstock competition
- - Trafficability
Olli-Jussi Korpinen, firstname.lastname@example.org