LCA= Life Cycle Assesment = Assessment of the environmental impacts of a product or a service during its lifecycle
Includes materials, energy, manufacturing processes, end use, recycling possibilities etc.
Carbon footprint = LCA of only greenhouse gas emissions
- Identifying the environmental effects of own actions
- Concentrating on the things that matter the most, using resources cost-efficiently
- Communication, striving the profile of an environmental and responsible actor
- Preparing for future demands, gaining a competitive edge
LCA's can be made for:
- single products and their use (e.g. a streetlight)
- product systems or larger operational schemes (e.g. biofuel production and use or waste management schemes)
GaBi Professional software is in use.
Raghu K C, firstname.lastname@example.org