Application and fees
The registration for the LUT Summer School 2020 is now open and will end on 15 May. In order to register, you have to:
- submit online application form
- send an official transcript of records from your home university to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelor's and Master's students in the fields of technology and business. Make sure you meet course prerequisites given in the course descriptions.
- Fluency in English. All courses are taught in English, and good English language skills are needed to follow lectures. No tests are required.
The LUT Summer School fee is composed of tuition and accommodation fees.
For partner university students
Tuition fee: 1 week EUR 595, 2 weeks EUR 695
Accommodation: 1 week EUR 400, 2 weeks EUR 500
For non-partner university students
Tuition fee: 1 week EUR 695; 2 weeks EUR 795
Accommodation: 1 week EUR 400; 2 weeks EUR 500
Tuition fee includes attending the courses, 1 lunch/day and social activities.
The LUT Summer School does not offerr scholarships to attending the courses.
LUT and LAB degree students
Tuition is offered free of charge for LUT and LAB degree students (Bachelor's, Master's, Doctoral). However, the students have to cover the cost for social activities if they want to attend social events (sauna evenings, cruise on the lake Saimaa, get togethers). Cost for social activities is EUR 99 for 1 week and EUR 129 for 2 weeks. The cost does not include lunch at the university during the lectures. Students have to pay for the lunch themselves.
Note! The registration is binding. LUT and LAB students have to inform the LUT Summer School staff of their withdrawal from summer school courses no later than two weeks before the summer school starts. Otherwise, they will be charged EUR 50 for neglecting to cancel the registration.
LUT and LAB exchange students
The fees for LUT and LAB exchange students, who are doing exchange in spring 2020 and want to stay for summer in Lappeenranta, are:
- attending one course: EUR 99. The fee includes attending the course and all social events during this week. Note, lunch and accommodation are not included.
- attending two courses: EUR 129. The fee includes attending tow courses and all social events during these two weeks. Note, lunch and accommodation are not included.
Fee for the trip to St. Petersburg, Russia
All summer school students can join an extracurricular trip to St. Petersburg. The cost for the trip is EUR 430. The trip includes two-way train tickets, an accommodation with breakfast in hotel IBIS, a river cruise, a city tour, a tour at the State Hermitage Museum, and a dinner at Russian-styled restaurant. Detailed instructions and official invitation document will be sent to those, who enroll for the trip.
Visa costs are not included in the fee.
You should notify the LUT Summer School staff if you wish to cancel your participation. The LUT Summer School fee is refundable if you withdraw your application by 31 May 2020. The LUT Summer School will retain a document processing fee of EUR 50.
After 31 May 2020 the fee is non-refundable.
LUT Summer School
22 June–7 July 2020
Fields of study
business and technology
3−6 ECTS credits
tel: +358 40 578 6748