Citizens of EU/EEA Countries and Switzerland
Citizens of the following countries are not required to pay a tuition fee:
- The European Union (EU)
- The European Economic Area (EEA)
To prove your citizenship, you must upload a copy of your valid passport or your national ID card to your Online Application Form.
For the Master's Programmes starting in the academic year 2022-2023, the tuition fee is
- EUR 13 500 / each academic year
Citizens of the non-EU/EEA countries (excluding Switzerland) must pay a tuition fee for their studies in the international programmes in Finland in general and also at LUT University.
For further information, please see StudyInfo - Am I Required to Pay Tuition Fees?
Exceptions for the Non-EU/EEA Citizens
A. If being a citizen of a non-EU/EEA country (excluding Switzerland) and a holder of one of the following, you are NOT required to pay a tuition fee:
- Continuous Residence Permit Card in Finland (A)
- Permanent Residence Permit Card in Finland (P)
- EU Residence Permit for Third-Country Citizens with a Long-Term Residence Permit Card in Finland (P-EU)
- EU Family Member's Residence Card in Finland
- EU Blue Card in Finland
B. If being a citizen of the United Kingdom, having entered Finland before January 1, 2021 and having one of the following:
- Right of Residence under the Withdrawal Agreement
or, a proof from Finnish Immigration Service for having applied to register your EU Right to Residence in Finland under the Withdrawal Agreement
- Residence Permit Card with Right of Permanent Residence by virtue of the Withdrawal Agreement
or, a proof from Finnish Immigration Service for having applied for Residence Permit Card with Right of Permanent Residence by virtue of the Withdrawal Agreement
For further information, please see About Brexit by Finnish Immigration Service (MIGRI)
How to Prove of Being Excempted from Paying a Tuition Fee
To prove LUT University of being exempted from paying a tuition fee related to these exceptions, you must upload the related document to your Online Application Form.
In order to be exempted from paying a tuition fee, the document must be valid on August 1 in the academic year you have been admitted to start your studies.
Should the status for your Residence Permit Card change at any time, you must contact LUT Scholarships without any delay.
FIRST ACADEMIC YEAR: EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT
If required to pay a tuition fee, you can get
- an Early Bird Discount of EUR 6 000 for the first academic year
if confirming your place in the programme and paying the tuition fee within 21 days after having been e-mailed the Certificate of Admission.
With the Early Bird Discount the tuition fee is EUR 7 500 for the first academic year.
FIRST ACADEMIC YEAR: FINLAND SCHOLARSHIP
In most of the Master's Programmes, there is one Finland Scholarship offered per each programme for the first academic year.
Finland Scholarship for the first academic year includes the following:
- Full cover for a tuition fee plus,
- EUR 5 000 for the living costs
The criteria for awarding the Finland Scholarship is decided within each programme according to their own preferences.
The scholarship can be applied for on the application form when applying to the programme.
If awarded a Finland Scholarship, the offered place in the programme must be confirmed within 14 days after having been e-mailed the Certificate of Admission and the Scholarship Decision.
SECOND ACADEMIC YEAR: SCHOLARSHIP
When required to pay a tuition fee, you can apply for
- a scholarship of EUR 6 000 for the second academic year
if meeting with the requirement of having completed a minimum of 60 ECTS credits of studies included in the personal study plan during the first academic year.
With a possible scholarship the tuition fee is EUR 7 500 for the second academic year.
The required ECTS credits must be included on your Transcript of Records by the end of the first academic year i.e. by July 31.
THE FULBRIGHT - LUT UNIVERSITY GRADUATE AWARD
- The Fulbright student award competition is open to students from the United States of America who have completed at least a Bachelor's Degree.
- There is a different application period, a separate application process as well as criteria for the Fulbright Scholarship.
- Further information: Fulbright Student Program - Getting Started
Questions about the LUT scholarships?