Become an expert in multiple fields of engineering and get a double bachelor’s degree
In the bachelor’s programmes at LUT University, you will acquire a broad foundation of knowledge and diverse range of skills that will prepare you for the challenges of the future.
The duration of double degree bachelor's programme is three years, amounting to 180 ECTS credits and leading to a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in the field in question. Each bachelor’s programme gives you the possibility to continue your studies at the master’s level at LUT in your chosen field of specialisation, either directly or through separate admission.
In the double degree bachelor's programmes, you will obtain two degrees from LUT and LUT's partner university in China, Hebei University of Technology, after you have fulfilled the degree requirements of both universities. All students complete the entire degree in Finland on LUT campuses either in Lappeenranta or Lahti.
See the programmes and apply
LUT University (Lappeenranta-Lahti University of Technology LUT) is a public science university in Finland, bringing together the fields of science, business and social sciences.
Clean energy, water and air are life-giving resources for which we at LUT University seek new solutions with our expertise in technology, business and social sciences. We help society and businesses in their sustainable renewal. We promote sustainable development, and we are responsible in all our operations. Our strategic choices, scientific research, academic education and social interaction are all guided by the principles of ecological, economic and social sustainability.
One of the world's top universities
We continuously strive to improve the quality, impact and visibility of our research as well as the amount of competitive funding awarded to us. According to international rankings, LUT is one of the world's top universities. LUT has been listed among the world's top 350 universities in one of the most highly regarded rankings globally, Times Higher Education (THE).
At LUT, you can choose from total eight bachelor's programmes either in technology or business.
Our degree programmes are internationally accredited and they are developed in close collaboration with industry ensuring your studies are relevant to the changing needs of your profession.
In our bachelor’s programmes, you will acquire a broad foundation of knowledge and diverse range of skills that will prepare you for solving challenges of the future. The duration of each bachelor's programme is three years, amounting to 180 ECTS credits and leading to a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in the field in question.
Apply to our bachelor's programmes
Apply to our bachelor's programmes through rolling admission during 1 November 2023–15 May 2024.
For applying, you need to submit an electronic application along with the required documents in Studyinfo.
Required documents in rolling admission are upper secondary degree + language test or SAT/ACT. No entrance exams.
Studies start at the end of August 2024.
If you have any questions regarding application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Continue your studies in master's programmes
After having completed a bachelor's degree at LUT, you can continue your studies in the master's programmes at LUT in your chosen field of specialisation.
You can continue in master's programmes either directly or through separate application process.
Finland as a study destination
Finland is a booming country that is consistently ranked among the top ten in the world in terms of the standard of living, economic stability, and education.
Finland is a country of innovation and technology and has continuously topped related global indices. Finnish companies highly value innovation designed to solve problems in a pragmatic and surprising way.
Finland is a small country on the global scale. Finland's population, 5 million, makes up barely 0.07 per cent of the world's population and its land area as much of the world's total area. However, even a small country can leap to the top of the world, and this is what Finland has done: in international comparisons, Finland is often among the top nations. Finland is:
- the happiest country;
- the top country in education according to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD);
- the most advanced country in the EU in utilisation of digitalisation;
- the second largest in the EU in the share of renewable energy in the country's total energy consumption;
- the fourth most gender equal country;
- the third most innovative country.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Find out what's happening on campus and in the student community.
Admission guide 2024
Find information about the degree programmes in English, application process, tuition fees and scholarships.
Tuition fee and scholarships
Tuition fee for students outside EU/EEA countries in double degree bachelor's programmes in English is EUR 9 000/academic year.
Scholarships are not granted during the application process, however, first-year scholarships are granted during the first autumn semester by the end of October.
There are three different categories of scholarships:
- Category 1: Scholarship is 2/3 of yearly tuition fee and (max. of 4% of applicants)
- Category 2: Scholarship is 1/3 of annual tuition fee and (max. of 10% of applicants)
- Category 3: Scholarship is 1000 € (max. 40 % of applicants)
For the second and third years, the scholarships are awarded based on the GPA of the past academic year at LUT:
- After first year at LUT, minimun of 60 ECTS credits + GPA ranking
- After second year at LUT, minimum of 120 ECTS credits + GPA ranking
Tuition is free for students from EU/EEA countries.
Why choose LUT University?
- Over 92% of our international students are satisfied with their student experience.
- Our modern campuses Lappeenranta and Lahti are close to nature.
- We are listed among the world's top 350 universities in the most highly regarded global ranking, Times Higher Education (THE).
- We are one of the world's top universities for climate action.
- We offer high-quality education through internationally accredited programmes.
- Our international community of over 90 nationalities welcomes you.
- The campuses offer a compact combination of all of the services students need. In both cities, most student apartments are located within walking distance from the university, and there are plenty of excellent sports and recreation venues.