Global crises and digital transformation have challenged businesses all over the world and created a need for professionals with unique multidisciplinary skills, adaptability, open-mindedness and the ability to manage business innovatively, digitally and sustainably.
In this programme, you will develop your competences in business decision-making for innovation and logistics, creative and innovative thinking, and collaboration and networking skills. These are what you need to succeed globally and to execute any digital transformations and sustainability strategies in organisations with an entrepreneurial mindset.
The programme employs experiential learning and integrates the best theoretical academic approaches to teaching with real business assignments provided by global and local industrial companies. In your studies, you will combine business, industrial management and engineering and will apply your knowledge directly to corporate challenges.
In this unique master's programme, you will gain a solid background in logistics and innovation management, quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, practical problem-solving techniques, and the ability to identify and solve complex challenges in today's networked business world.
The programme suits both Bachelor's graduates and people with work experience. The programme applies contact teaching. Core and advanced courses will be organised as intensive teaching, individual work, seminars and case studies, but minor studies will follow LUT's university regular teaching schedule.
What will you learn in the programme?
The programme prepares students for leading management and business development positions, especially in innovation, logistics, supply chains management and digital business.
You will have a solid theoretical foundation, quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, practical problem-solving techniques, and the ability to identify, assess and solve complex challenges in today's networked business world.
During your studies, you will get:
- professional knowledge of innovation, logistics, analytics, entrepreneurship, project management, international business and sustainability;
- practical methods and tools to address challenges in innovation and logistics management in organisations;
- the ability to combine professional, analytical, quantitative and qualitative skills with practical problem-solving techniques and be able to identify and solve complex challenges in today's networked business world;
- managerial and business skills in innovation, logistics and supply chains management and digital transformation in organisations to be able to plan and manage innovation projects and processes in different size organisations from start-ups to multinational enterprises;
- decision making skills to make rational decisions based on decision-making strategies, frameworks, tools and analysis methods in global networks and markets;
- an entrepreneurial and innovative mindset and teamwork, communication and collaboration skills that will enable you to work in international multicultural environments and manage cross-cultural and inter-disciplinary collaborative teams and projects efficiently;
- networking skills to build and manage professional networks with other students, peers, scholars, industrial experts, and company representatives.
Degree structure and studies
The Master's Programme in Innovation and Logistics takes two years and leads to the degree of Master of Science in Technology, M.Sc. (Tech.), which is 120 ECTS credits.
The programme includes core, advanced specialisation, minor and elective studies as well as a Master's thesis. Read more in this academic year’s curriculum.
The programme includes compulsory studies in both innovation and logistics, but during specialisation studies, students can choose more advanced courses to get deeper knowledge of one of the disciplines.
Earning your degree in innovation and logistics gives you many interesting employment options and versatile career prospects.
Global supplier–customer relationships and business networks create various opportunities for talented young professionals in the fields of management of innovations and technologies, industrial sales and marketing, operations management, and technology analysis and sourcing.
After graduation, you can work as a head of a logistics or innovation unit, an expert in international innovation and logistics, an export manager, a project manager, a technology and innovation manager, an entrepreneur and business owner, a researcher and analyst in academia or business, or a supply manager and operative purchaser.
In addition, you will also have a solid basis for doctoral studies in industrial engineering and management.