The board members from outside of the LUT community were appointed in an earlier collegium meeting on 27 September 2021. The confirmation of the composition of the board is the last decision related to the appointment of the new board.
LUT's new board will comprise the following members:
- Professor Juhani Hyvärinen
- Associate Professor Ahti Jaatinen-Värri
- Henna Raekorpi, B.Sc. (Econ. & Bus. Admin.)
- Professor Paavo Ritala
- Director Pia Erkinheimo, Finnish Climate Fund
- Chair of the board Teresa Kemppi-Vasama, Kemppi Oy
- Vice President Kimmo Rauma, Danfoss Editron
- Governor and Chairman of the Board Olli Rehn, Bank of Finland
- Secretary General Liisa Rohweder, WWF Finland
The university collegium has in an earlier meeting on 27 September 2021 decided that LUT University's board will have nine members. Five members are appointed from outside of the LUT community, and four are elected from within it. In addition, the university collegium has previously decided on the allocation of seats on the board to different groups at the university.
LUT University's new board will start its four-year term on 1 January 2022. The chair and vice chair of the board will be elected from among the external members.