LUT will confer the honorary title upon nine distinguished Finnish persons and seven distinguished international partners in cooperation in its next doctoral conferment ceremony. LUT University's seventh Ceremonial Conferment of Doctoral Degrees will take place at the Lahti Sibelius Hall on 28 May 2022.
"Our new honorary doctors include many of our long-standing partners in cooperation. We wish to thank them for the successful collaboration and strengthen our strategic partnerships in the future," says Vice Rector Jaana Sandström.
An honorary doctorate is a title granted to especially accomplished persons in recognition of their achievements. The person does not need to have completed an academic doctoral degree.
Honorary Doctors of Technology
- CEO Håkan Agnevall, Wärtsilä
- CEO Annica Bresky, Stora Enso Ltd.
- Chairman of the Board Jørgen Clausen, Danfoss
- CEO Wolfgang Leitner, Andritz
- CEO (former) Jukka-Pekka Mäkinen, The Switch (currently owned by Yaskawa)
- Associate Professor Mikko Möttönen, Aalto University
- Kaupunkineuvos (Finnish honorary title) Kari Salmi, Lahti
- Professor Samuli Siltanen, University of Helsinki
- Puutarhaneuvos (Finnish honorary title) Hannu Tolonen, Lappeenranta
- CFO Tiina Tuomela, Uniper
- Professor Pavel Zemčík, Brno University of Technology (BUT)
Honorary Doctors of Economics and Business Administration
- Professor Michael Henke, Technical University Dortmund, TU/Fraunhofer Institute of Material Flow and Logistics, IML.
- Jalo Paananen, founder of Peikko Group Ltd.
- Professor Rebecca (Becky) Reuber, Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
- President and Group Chief Executive Officer Timo Ritakallio, OP Group
- Business influencer Tuomo Rönkkö