Tuition fees and scholarships in Bachelor's programmes
Citizens of EU/EEA Countries and Switzerland
Citizens of the following countries are not required to pay a tuition fee:
- The European Union (EU)
- The European Economic Area (EEA)
To prove your citizenship, you must upload a copy of your valid passport or your national ID card to your Online Application Form.
For the Bachelor's programmes starting in the academic year 2022-2023, the tuition fees are:
- EUR 9 500/each academic year in Bachelor's Programmes in Technology and Engineering Science and Industrial Engieneering and Management
- EUR 9 000/each academic year in double degree programmes
Citizens of the non-EU/EEA countries (excluding Switzerland) must pay a tuition fee for their studies in the international programmes in Finland in general and also at LUT University.
For further information, please see StudyInfo.
Exceptions for the Non-EU/EEA Citizens
A. If being a citizen of a non-EU/EEA country (excluding Switzerland) and a holder of one of the following, you are not required to pay a tuition fee:
- Continuous Residence Permit Card in Finland (A)
- Permanent Residence Permit Card in Finland (P)
- EU Residence Permit for Third-Country Citizens with a Long-Term Residence Permit Card in Finland (P-EU)
- EU Family Member's Residence Card in Finland
- EU Blue Card in Finland
B. If being a citizen of the United Kingdom, having entered Finland before January 1, 2021 and having one of the following:
- Right of Residence under the Withdrawal Agreement
or, a proof from Finnish Immigration Service for having applied to register your EU Right to Residence in Finland under the Withdrawal Agreement
- Residence Permit Card with Right of Permanent Residence by virtue of the Withdrawal Agreement
or, a proof from Finnish Immigration Service for having applied for Residence Permit Card with Right of Permanent Residence by virtue of the Withdrawal Agreement
For further information, please see About Brexit by Finnish Immigration Service (MIGRI)
How to prove of being excempted from paying a tuition fee
To prove LUT University of being exempted from paying a tuition fee related to these exceptions, you must upload the related document to your Online Application Form.
In order to be exempted from paying a tuition fee, the document must be valid on August 1 in the academic year you have been admitted to start your studies.
Should the status for your Residence Permit Card change at any time, you must contact LUT Scholarships without any delay.
Bachelor's Programmes in Technology and Engineering Science and Industrial Engineering and Management
- For the first academic year, there are no scholarships available
- For the second academic year, 50% scholarships will be granted for the students successfully completing the studies on the first academic year (min.of 60 ECTS credits)
- For the third academic year, 100% scholarships will be granted for the students successfully completing the studies on the first and second academic year (min.of 60 ECTS credits/year)
Double degree programmes
The scholarships are awarded by the end of September in every academic year. If student is awarded the scholarship, the paid fee is returned partially according to the scholarship percentages.
There are three different categories of scholarships:
- Category I: Tuition Fee Waiver is 2/3 of the annual tuition fee
- Category II: Tuition Fee Waiver is 1/3 of the annual tuition fee
- Category III: Tuition Fee Waiver is EUR 1000
The number of the first year scholarship is calculated from the total amount of the paid tuition fees. The scholarship will not automatically continue for the second year.
The scholarship for the second and third year are awarded based on the GPA of the past academic year.