Software Product Management and Business
Admissions Criteria and Selection
Selection process is conducted in two stages:
Final selection among the interviewed applicants is based on:
- Total points scored for the preliminary selection and the interview
Minimum Requirements for the Programme
Previous Studies Related to the Programme
To possibly get admitted, you must have completed
- a minimum of 24 ECTS credits of programme-specific studies in some of the following fields: Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Business Informatics, Information Processing or Engineering, Business System Analytics or Design, Programming, Databases or Data Science i.e. studies that would support your future studies in the programme.
- The studies must be completed in a University or University of Applied Sciences.
- Final Theses and internships are not to be included.
- Courses completed in Finland and credited in the former credit system (opintoviikko), must be converted to ECTS credits by using the factor 1.8 for university level studies and 1.5 for UAS level studies.
- Courses completed more than 15 years ago will not be considered unless, they are included in the degree.
You are responsible for converting, calculating and presenting the required and completed studies in ECTS credits on your application form listed by disciplines and courses according to the following:
- 1 ECTS credit = a workload of 26 hours (incl. lectures, assignments etc.)
The Admissions Committee for the programme reserves a right to decide whether the applicant's previous studies meet with the requirements for the programme or not. There will be no preliminary statements given regarding to previous studies before or during the application period.
NOTE: Carefully answering all the questions on your Online Application Form is a must as missing information will lead into not scoring points for that question.
- Study field and applicability for the degree providing you with eligibility to apply to the programme (max. 6 points)
- GPA for the degree providing you with the eligibility to apply (max. 5 points)
- Work experience, publications and extracurricular activities related to the field of study (max. 5 points)
- Motivation (max. 4 points)
You must indicate your GPA for your previous degree on your application form with two decimals or, calculate it if not indicated in the Degree Certificate or Transcript of Records.
The GPA used in the LUT selection process is an arithmetic average of all individual study attainments included in the degree and graded with numbers, including the Final Thesis and excluding the grades for any fails. If your previous degree was not evaluated on a 5-point scale, your GPA will be adapted to a 5-point grading scale by the Admission Committee for the programme.
NOTE: You must provide a link on your application form to verify the grading scale. If not able to do that and the grading scale not being explained in either the Degree Certificate or Transcript of Records, an additional, officially certified document issued by the degree-awarding university is required.
A certain number of applicants will be invited to a video interview in the order of the highest points scored in the preliminary selection.
Your motivation, applicability for the programme together with communication skills are evaluated in the interview.
If not having been invited to an interview, you cannot get admitted either.