Software Product Management and Business
Master of Science in Technology
Admissions Criteria and Selection
Selection process is conducted in two stages:
Final selection among the interviewed applicants is based on:
- Total points scored for the preliminary selection + the interview
Carefully answering all the questions on your Online Application Form is a must as missing information will lead into not scoring points for that question.
Previous Programme-Specific Studies
To possibly get admitted, you must have completed
- a minimum of 24 ECTS credits of programme-specific studies in some of the following fields: Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Business Informatics, Computer Science and Engineering, Business Systems and Analytics, Business Systems Design, Programming, Databases or Data Science i.e. studies supportive to the programme.
Minimum requirements for the completed studies
You are responsible for converting, calculating and presenting the required and completed studies in ECTS credits on your application form listed by disciplines and courses according to the following:
- 1 ECTS credit = a workload of 27 hours (lectures, assignments etc.)
The Admissions Committee for the programme has a right to decide whether the applicant's previous studies match with the requirements for the programme or not. There will be no preliminary statements given regarding to previous studies before or during the application period.
- Field of study and relevance of the degree providing you with the eligibility to apply
Max. 6 points
- GPA for the degree providing you with the eligibility to apply
Max. 5 points
- Work experience, publications and extracurricular activities related to the field of study
Max. 5 points
Max. 4 points
There is no minimum GPA required for the programme.
You must indicate your GPA on your application form with two decimals or, calculate it if not indicated in the Degree Certificate or Transcript of Records.
The GPA considered in the LUT selection process is an arithmetic average of all individual study records included in the degree and graded with numbers, including the Final Thesis and excluding the grades for all the fails.
In case of your previous degree not having been evaluated on a 5-point scale, your GPA will be converted to a 5-point grading scale by the Admission Committee for the programme during the evaluation process.
NOTE: You must provide a link on your application form to verify the grading scale. If not able to do that and the grading scale not being explained in either the Degree Certificate or Transcript of Records, an additional, officially certified document issued by the degree-awarding university is required.
A certain number of applicants will be invited to an interview in the order of the highest points scored in the preliminary selection.
Your motivation, applicability for the programme together with communication skills are evaluated in the interview.
The interview will be done as a video interview.
If not having been invited to an interview, you cannot get admitted either.