Marketing Management (MIMM)
Admissions Criteria and Selection
Selection process is carried out in two stages:
Final selection among the interviewed applicants is based on:
- Total points scored for the preliminary selection and the interview
Minimum Requirements for the Programme
Previous Programme-Specific Studies
To possibly get admitted, you must have completed
- A minimum of 24 ECTS credits of studies in Marketing, International Marketing or International Business
- The studies must be completed in a University or University of Applied Sciences.
- Final Theses and internships are not to be included.
- Courses completed in Finland and credited in the former credit system (opintoviikko), must be converted to ECTS credits by using the factor 1.8 for university level studies and 1.5 for UAS level studies.
- Courses completed more than 15 years ago will not be considered unless, they are included in the degree.
You are responsible for converting, calculating and presenting the required and completed studies in ECTS credits on your application form listed by disciplines and courses according to the following:
- 1 ECTS credit = a workload of 26 hours (lectures, assignments etc.)
The Admissions Committee for the programme reserves a right to decide whether the applicant's previous studies meet with the requirements for the programme or not. There will be no preliminary statements given regarding to previous studies before or during the application period.
NOTE: Carefully answering all the questions on your Online Application Form is a must as missing information will lead into not scoring points for that question.
1) Academic Success (max. 6 points)
The GPA for the degree providing you with the eligibility is given points as follows:
- 3.00 - 3.49 = 4 points
- 3.50 - 3.99 = 5 points
- 4.00 - 5.00 = 6 points
You must indicate your GPA for the degree giving you the eligibility to apply on your application form with two decimals or, calculate it if not indicated in the Degree Certificate or Transcript of Records.
The GPA used in the LUT selection process is an arithmetic average of all individual study attainments included in the degree and graded with numbers, including the Final Thesis and excluding the grades for any fails. If your previous degree was not evaluated on a 5-point scale, your GPA will be adapted to a 5-point grading scale by the Admission Committee for the programme.
NOTE: You must provide a link on your application form to verify the grading scale. If not able to do that and the grading scale not being explained in either the Degree Certificate or Transcript of Records, an additional, officially certified document issued by the degree-awarding university is required.
2) International Experience (max. 4 points)
You must present and explain in your own words your international experience on a separate letter (max. one page of A4/Letter):
- Studying or working abroad or in a non-native language
- Familiarity and knowledge of foreign cultures and languages
Related documents and certificates are required to prove your experience.
Your international experience is given points as follows:
- 1 point = Poor international experience
- 2 points = Fair international experience
- 3 points = Good international experience
- 4 points = Excellent international experience
In the second stage of the admissions process, a certain number of applicants are invited to an interview in the order of the highest total points achieved in the preliminary selection.
Your motivation, applicability for the programme and communication skills will be evaluated in the interview.
If not having been invited to an interview, you cannot get admitted either.
- The interviews will take place on March 4-5, 2020.
The invitation e-mails will be sent around a few days - a week before the interviews.
Please check your e-mail and junk mail daily.