Intended learning outcomes
Teaching in this Master's programme has been planned in close cooperation with industry, and it takes into account the development directions and new opportunities in the educational environment.
Diverse distance teaching methods and students with versatile working experience ensure that you will study in multicultural and multidisciplinary group. There are both Finnish and international students in this programme.
A graduate specialising in Biorefining will:
- have comprehensive knowledge of the modern biorefining technology, products and raw materials
- have good knowledge of technologies integrated into biorefineries, e.g. waste water treatment
- be able to demonstrate a critical understanding of sustainable solutions and technologies, problem-solving skills and the ability to design and develop practical biorefining applications
- have the courage to create innovations and new technical solutions
- possess project work and communication skills needed in the modern networked environment.
During your studies, you will learn to design and develop processes and production of materials based on modern biorefining technologies. You will have a unique opportunity to update your knowledge and studies concerning biorefining.
As a graduate, you will possess a unique set of skills for designing, planning, assessing and operating sustainable, environmentally friendly biorefining processes and products.
Distance learning programme
Master of Science in Technology
120 ECTS credits
Tuition Fees and Scholarships
EUR 10 000 Non-EU/EEA students
LUT School of Engineering Science
December 2019−January 2020
1 October 2019−31 May 2020