Come work with us
Join our team of trailblazers working to develop solutions to fateful issues impacting humanity.
The Trailblazer Strategy has identified four global-issue questions to which LUT seeks solutions:
- Are we going to burn up everything?
- Is humanity condemned to suffer from the water it has polluted?
- Will waste be the grave of our future?
- Will we let Europe degenerate to the world's back yard?
In short, the answer is: No! We will make a difference by taking a novel approach, and we will lead the way. Welcome to join our scientific community of 6,500 students and experts.
If you need any further information or in case of any problems, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com.
We offer you:
- Campuses in Lappeenranta and Lahti, regional units in Kouvola and Mikkeli
- Green Campus working environments – in Lappeenranta by the blue Lake Saimaa
- Functional public transport connections
- State-of-the-art occupational health care
- A wide range of lunch restaurants
- Workplace health promotion
- The opportunity to study during working hours (2 x 45 min/week)
- A healthy work–life balance
- Challenging and versatile duties in an international, vibrant environment
LUT as an employer
We support working together in all our activities. Our management is based on values by which we operate in a financially responsible and fair manner. Our values are:
- Courage to succeed
- Passion for innovation through science
- Will to build well-beig
We support the maintenance and development of expertise for all of our employees.
Conduct research and make a difference
If you want to fully commit to conducting research in your field, LUT can offer you a flexible tenure track career and the opportunity to advance to a full professorship.
The University commits to a researcher's advancement in stages, provided that the researcher succeeds in the LUT performance evaluation system. An open international application process is applied to all levels of tenure track positions.
- More information on tenure track
Educate problem solvers
For instruction in technology and business fields, LUT recruits experts possessing both solid scientific expertise and educational expertise. This is ensured in the recruitment of teaching staff by means of either a teaching portfolio attached to the application for employment or another record of teaching credentials.
For many Professor positions, candidates provide a teaching demonstration of their field, lasting approximately 20 minutes.
Key support tasks of support services
In the recruitment for University support services positions, in addition to professional expertise, open-mindedness and the courage to find new types of solutions are important characteristics we look for in candidates.
Knowledge that crosses boundaries, a focus on solutions, and the ability to cooperate with diverse people are also attributes that we value in our employees.