Rolling admission is an application path for those who have completed or are close to completing their degree outside of Finland. In rolling admission, if meeting with all the requirements in the admission process, you will get admitted without any competition as long as there are places still available for the programme of your choice through rolling admission.
Application period for rolling admission is 1 November 2021–31 May 2022 at 15:00 (UTC+3)
Through rolling admission, you can apply to all Bachelor's programmes in English:
- Bachelor's Programme in Electrical Engineering, Lappeenranta (double degree programme)
- Bachelor's Programme in Mechanical Engineering, Lappeenranta (double degree programme)
- Bachelor's Programme in Technology and Engineering Science, Lappeenranta
- Bachelor's Programme in Energy Technology, Lahti (double degree programme)
- Bachelor's Programme in Industrial Engineering and Management, Lahti
- Bachelor's Programme in Software and Systems Engineering, Lahti (double degree programme) NOTE! ALL PLACES FILLED IN THE PROGRAMME
Regular admission vs. rolling admission
In regular admission, you compete against the other applicants while a limited number of applicants will be admitted in the order of the highest points scored in the selection process for the programme/s of your choice.
No applications through regular and rolling admission simultaneously
If you decide to apply through regular admission and will not get admitted, you still have an option to apply through rolling admission by the deadline of 31 May 2022 at 15:00 (UTC+3) after the results for regular admission are released on 25 April 2022 – given that you meet with the requirements for rolling admission.
If already applying through regular admission and submitting an application also through rolling admission before the results for regular admission being released, your application will not be considered or processed.
In rolling admission, if meeting with all the requirements in the admission process, you will get admitted without any competition as long as there are places still available for the programme of your choice through rolling admission.
You will get your admission result within a month from the date of having provided us with a technically eligible application.
Apply through rolling admission only when having all the required documents and results ready.
If you decide to apply through rolling admission at the early days of the application period, you must wait for your admission result - and if not getting admitted, you still have an option to apply through regular admission, if you will have your result by the deadline of regular admission on 19 January 2022 at 15:00 (UTC+2) given that you meet with the requirements for regular admission.
- Fill in the online application form, upload all the required documents and submit your application by 31 May 2022 at 15:00 (UTC+3). Note: link active only during Rolling Admission.
- You may only apply to ONE bachelor's programme in technology.
- LUT Admissions Services will check your application.
- You will either receive an e-mail from LUT Admissions Services through StudyInfo about your application being accepted as it is or, a request to supplement it.
- If supplementary actions are needed, you must supplement your application within two weeks after having been sent the supplementary request.
- Do not mail LUT University any hard copies for your application documents.
- You will receive your admission result within a month from the date of having provided LUT Admissions Services with all the required documents.
- If admitted, you will receive a Certificate of Admission by email.
- If not admitted, you will be informed about the decision by email along with the reason for not having been admitted.
Confirming your place at LUT
- If admitted, you must confirm your place at LUT and pay the tuition fee (when required) within three weeks from the date of having received the Certificate of Admission.
- You can only confirm one place in a programme in higher education starting in Finland in Fall semester 2022.
- The first place you confirm in Finland will be your first, only and final choice as you or us will not be able to change it.
- If getting admitted at LUT University through rolling admission and confirming the offered place as required, you will be no longer able to confirm yet another place in any of the LUT programmes through regular admission or, to any other university or, university of applied sciences in Finland.
For more information, please see StudyInfo - One Study Place Per Term Provision.
Final verification for educational documents
- The final verification of your original documents will take place after your arrival at LUT University when you will bring your original Degree Certificate and Transcript of Records together with the official translations (when needed) for the final review.
- Not bringing in the original documents or, presenting forgeries for the required documents will automatically lead into losing the right to study at LUT University.