Our strategic choices, scientific research, academic education and social interaction are all guided by the principles of ecological, economic and social sustainability. Clean energy, water and air are life-giving resources for which we seek new solutions with our expertise in technology, business and social sciences. We help society and businesses in their sustainable renewal.
LUT promoting UN's Sustainable Development Goals
Through our Trailblazer 2030 strategy and our research, we focus on influencing the following UN´s sustainable development goals in particular:
Report on sustainability
Carbon negative in 2024
LUT's goal is to be carbon negative by the end of the year 2024. The route towards that will be defined by specifying the carbon balance and by a Climate Action Plan.
Our research, education, campus operations and stakeholder work promote the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. LUT is committed to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, as evidenced by:
- the Rector's signatory in SDG Accord, in February 2020
- a global Race To Zero campaign, LUT joined in June 2021
- commitment to the common theses of sustainable development and responsibility of Finnish universities as a part of the Universities Finland UNIFI
- the UN's Global Compact initiative, LUT was accepted on March 2021
- The LUT School of Business and Management is committed to the UN's Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME)
- Sustainable actions through the strategy.