4SUS - Sustainability assessment tool for startups
LUT 4SUS is a sustainability assessment tool for business idea development and start-up teams. Its aim is not to replace existing tools for calculating carbon footprints, sustainability indexes or life cycle assessment, but those tools require a great deal of exact data to be useful. If you have a start-up or an idea, you don’t have such data yet.
LUT 4SUS a tool for guiding new start-up teams in considering the sustainability angle in their business.
How to Use
- Download the tool below.
- You can work alone or with your start-up team.
- Use any familiar ideation or brainstorming technique to examine your business idea from four different perspectives with the help of the questionnaire provided by the LUT 4SUS tool.
- Use post-it notes etc. to write down ideas.
- Discuss the most important strengths or weaknesses with your team and decide which of them require further development.
- Summarize the results on one slide and add the slide to your business idea pitching deck.
- Add the LUT 4SUS logo with a Creative Common License logo to show you have considered the sustainability angle of your business idea systematically.