Research Areas for the Modelling of Energy Systems
Expertise in the modelling of energy systems has been developed as a priority line of research since 2005. The background to this area of development is the department's history of research into flow and multiphase flow modelling.
Since 2005, dozens of research projects have been launched in the field, making up the body of research activity for the research team of over ten persons.
The research team consists of more experienced post-doctoral researchers, doctoral students and Master's degree thesis students.
Priority areas of research
- 3D modelling of fluidized bed boilers
- Oxygen combustion concepts
- Furnace radiation modelling
- Dynamics of circulating fluidized bed boilers
- Multiphase flow modelling
- Advanced fluidized bed applications
Energy System Modelling Equipment
The laboratory has a range of testing equipment available to support modelling.
- A bench-scale reactivity testing device
- A cold model circulating fluidized bed