Research Areas for the Modelling of Energy Systems
Expertise in the modelling of energy systems has been developed as a priority line of research since 2005. The background to this area of development is the department's history of research in flow and multiphase flow modelling.
Priority areas of research
- 3D modelling of fluidized bed boilers
- Oxygen combustion concepts
- Furnace radiation modelling
- Dynamics of circulating fluidized bed boilers
- Multiphase flow modelling
- Advanced fluidized bed applications
Energy System Modelling Equipment
The laboratory has a range of testing equipment available to support modelling.
- A bench-scale reactivity testing device
- A cold model circulating fluidized bed