Requirements for the Completed Degree
Degrees Completed in Finland
- Bachelor of Science in Technology - Completed in a Univeristy
- Bachelor of Engineering - Completed in a University of Applied Sciences
- Bachelor's Degree in a field other than Technology or Engineering - Completed in a University or in a University of Applied Sciences
Regarding to all the degrees mentioned above:
- Having completed a Master's Degree (DI, maisteri, YAMK) still makes you eligible to apply, but only when applying with the Bachelor's Degree.
- Exception 1: You are not eligible to apply, if having completed a degree DI in a study programme in the same field of study compared to the programme you are applying to.
- Exception 2: Degree DI accepted for applying, if completed before 2008 when no separate Bachelor's Degree existed.
Degrees Completed Worldwide (excluding Finland)
- Bachelor of Science in Technology OR closely related to Technology - Completed in a University (all countries)
- Bachelor of Engineering - Completed in a University of Applied Sciences (EU/EEA countries)
Regarding to both the degrees mentioned above:
- The degree must be equivalent to a similar Finnish Bachelor's Degree regarding to number of academic years and ECTS credits.
- The degree must give you eligibility to apply to university level Master's studies in the country where the degree was completed in.
- Having completed a Master's Degree still makes you eligible to apply, but only when applying with a Bachelor's Degree.
- Exception 1: Master's Degree with no immediate prior Bachelor's Degree included is accepted.
NOTE: The Admissions Committee for the programme always reserves a right to decide whether the degree and the completed studies provide the applicant with eligibility to apply to the programme or not.
Requirements for the Degree Awarding University
The university awarding you the degree you are applying with must be
- An official and recognized part of the national education system
- Listed on the World Higher Education Database WHED
by International Association of Universities.
Possibility to Apply as Undergraduate
You are eligible to apply as undergraduate and if admitted, you must
- Complete your degree by July 31, 2019
- Mail an officially certified copy of your Degree Certificate and Transcript of Records together with the official translations (if applicable), to LUT Admissions Services in a way that they are received by August 5, 2019 at 15:00 (GMT +2)
- Degrees completed in certain countries require you to follow the country-specific document requirements for authenticating and/or delivering your educational documents.
- Prepare yourself for a long period of time required for the authentication process before being able to mail us the documents.
Requirements for Proficiency in English
Accepted Language Tests
One of the following language tests in English with at least the minimum score mentioned is required from you for proving your proficiency in English:
- TOEFL Academic – 80 iBT - MyBest Scores* accepted as well
- IELTS Academic – 6.0
- PTE Academic – 54
- C1 Advanced by Cambridge English Qualifications - grade C
Previously known as CAE by Cambridge English Qualifications
- C2 Proficiency by Cambridge English Qualifications - grade C
Previously known as CPE by Cambridge English Qualifications
A Language Certificate issued by your home university or any other institution or organisation is not accepted.
*MyBest Scores in TOEFL Academic iBT:
Overall score for the test taker's highest section of individual scores from all valid test dates in the last 2 years. Available for score reports from August 1, 2019 onwards. All the individual results must be valid ones.
When a Language Test Result is Not Required?
Validity for the Language Test
- Test result must be valid on December 2, 2019 i.e. on the first day of the application period
- Validity for 2 years from the date of taking the test
Minimum Requirement for Programme-Specific Studies
To possibly get admitted, you must have completed
- a minimum of 24 ECTS credits of programme-specific studies
For further information, please see the page Admissions Criteria and Selection for the programme.