In your studies, you will become familiar with the production, transmission, distribution and use of energy. You will get comprehensive basic information about energy production methods, such as solar, wind and thermal technologies, as well as their operation and safety.
Your education combines technology and science - mathematics, physics and chemistry. You will learn to master the techniques associated with energy production and apply them to problem solving. You will learn to understand how to convert natural energy resources such as water, wind or biomass into sustainable energy for human consumption as efficiently as possible.
Our main themes are energy efficiency and environmental friendliness. In the transition to fully renewable energy production, nuclear power and, above all, nuclear safety will play an important role. Studies in nuclear safety in Finland are only available at LUT University.
At the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- describe the basic physical phenomena related to energy technology,
- apply basic equations of thermal engineering in the examination of energy conversion related processes,
- describe the structure and operation principle of the equipment related to energy technology (boilers, turbines, compressors, fans, heat exchangers),
- calculate operating values of equipment, define their design values, and understand their design principles,
- describe the operation and design principles of various energy conversion processes,
- compare the applicability of various energy conversion processes to different applications from technological, economic and environmental perspectives.
Bachelor of Science in Technology, double degree
180 ECTS credits
3 + 2 years
(3 years of Bachelor's studies + 2 years of Master's studies)
LUT School of Energy Systems
EUR 9 000/academic year
(non EU/EEA students)
Available from the second year
Next application period
7 – 21 January 2021
Contact information (programme content)
Michael Child, Head of the Programme
tel. +358 50 467 6898