Rolling admission for Master's studies
In addition to regular admission to LUT Master's programmes in English, we offer you the rolling admission option.
Rolling admission is an application path for those who have completed or are close to completing their degree outside of Finland.
If you receive a place at LUT through rolling admission and you accept it within the required two weeks of the decision, you will not be able to accept a student place through regular admission. You may accept only one place at LUT during one semester.
- The rolling admission period for studies starting in autumn 2021 is on 1 November 2020 – 31 May 2021 at 15.00 (UTC+3).
Start of studies
- Autumn 2021
You need to meet special eligibility requirements when applying to Master's programmes through rolling admission. Read more about them: Rolling Admission for Master's Studies - Eligibility Requirements.
Citizens of the EU/EEA Countries and Switzerland
Tuition fees are not charged from citizens of the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.
Citizens of non-EU/EEA countries (excluding Switzerland)
Citizens of countries beyond the EU/EEA and Switzerland pay a tuition fee. LUT charges a tuition fee of EUR 10 000 per academic year for all Master's programmes.
Pay your tuition fee within a month of your admission decision.
Early bird discount: If you accept your place at LUT and pay the full tuition fee within two weeks, you will receive a 25% discount on the tuition fee. The early bird tuition fee is EUR 7 500.
If you have any of the following residence permit cards, you do not need to pay a tuition fee:
- Non-EU/EEA citizen with a permanent residence permit card in Finland (P)
- Non-EU/EEA citizen with a long-term resident's EU residence permit card in Finland (P-EU)
- Non-EU/EEA citizen with a fixed-term continuous residence permit card in Finland (A)
- Non-EU/EEA citizen holding a residence card in Finland for a family member of an EU citizen
- Non-EU/EEA citizen with an EU Blue Card in Finland
Residence permit cards and residence cards are granted by the Finnish Immigration Service.
Tuition fee waivers
For the first academic year, NO tuition fee waivers are available for rolling admission.
For the second academic year, you can apply for a 100% tuition fee waiver if you have completed at least 60 ECTS credits for your degree during your first academic year with a minimum grade average of 4.00 on LUT's grading scale of 1.00–5.00.
You can apply for a 50% tuition fee waiver if you have completed at least 60 ECTS credits for your degree during your first academic year with a minimum grade average of 3.75 on the LUT scale of 1.00–5.00.
The required credits must be included in your transcript of records by the end of your first academic year, that is, by 31 July.
- You may apply to ONE Master's programme in technology OR business.
- Fill in the online application form at www.studyinfo.fi (available only during rolling admission)
Use Firefox as your web browser when you fill in the online application form. Go to www.studyinfo.fi > Search for the programme you are applying to > Go to the programme page > Enter the online application form through the link 'Fill in Application'.
- Link to the online application form.
- Fill in the online application form and upload all the required documents (further information: Required Documents) and submit your application by 31 May 2021 at 15:00 (UTC+3).
- If the uploaded documents are not acceptable or documents are missing, LUT Admissions Services will e-mail you a detailed request to supplement your application through Studyinfo. You will have two weeks to supplement your application after you receive the request.
- If the uploaded documents are accepted, LUT Admissions Services will e-mail you a confirmation through Studyinfo.
- Do not mail LUT University any hard copies for your application documents.
- You will receive an admission decision within a month of providing us with all the required documents.
Final verification of educational documents after studies start
- Final verification for degrees from countries other than Finland
The final verification of your documents will take place after your arrival at LUT University. Bring your original degree certificates and transcripts of records and their possible translations for review.
If you do not bring the original documents or if you present forgeries, you will automatically lose your right to study at LUT University.
Accepting your place at LUT
- You must accept your place at LUT and pay the tuition fee (if required) within two weeks of receiving your admission decision by e-mail.
- Please note that you will be able to accept only one place in a programme that begins in Finland in the autumn term 2021.
- You will not be able to change your choice after you have accepted one student place. The first place you accept will be your final choice. For further information, please see StudyInfo - One Study Place per Term Provision.