Rolling admission for Master's studies
In addition to regular admission to LUT Master's programmes in English, we offer you the rolling admission option.
Through rolling admission, you can apply to all Master's programmes with the exception of the following programmes:
- Master's Programme in Biorefineries
- Master's Programme in Circular Economy
- Master's Programme in Water Technology
- Master's Programme in Electric Transportation System
Rolling admission is an application path for those who have completed or are close to completing their degree outside of Finland.
If you receive a place at LUT through rolling admission and you accept it within the required three weeks from the date of having received the Certificate of Admission, you will not be able to accept a student place through regular admission. You may accept only one place at LUT during one semester.
- The rolling admission period for studies starting in autumn 2022 is on 1 November 2021 – 31 May 2022 at 15.00 (UTC+3).
Start of studies
- Autumn 2022
You need to meet special eligibility requirements when applying to Master's programmes through rolling admission. Read more about them: Rolling Admission for Master's Studies - Eligibility Requirements.
The following information is for studies starting in the academic year 2022-2023.
Citizens of the EU/EEA Countries and Switzerland
Tuition fees are not charged from citizens of the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.
Citizens of non-EU/EEA countries (excluding Switzerland)
Citizens of countries beyond the EU/EEA and Switzerland pay a tuition fee. LUT charges a tuition fee of EUR 13 500 per academic year for all Master's programmes.
There are however, exceptions when a non-EU/EEA citizen (excluding Switzerland) is exempted from paying a tuition fee:
The Tuition Fee needs to be paid within three weeks from the date of having received the Certificate of Admission. Please note that if the tuition fee is not paid by the given DL, you will automatically lose your place to study in the programme.
Early bird discount: If you accept your place at LUT and pay the tuition fee within 21 days, you can get an early bird discount of EUR 6000 for the first academic year.
With the Early Bird Discount the tuition fee is EUR 7 500 for the first academic year.
First Academic Year / Finland Scholarship
Finland Scholarship for the first academic year includes the following:
- Full cover for a tuition fee plus,
- EUR 5 000 for the living costs
There are 4 Finland Scholarships offered in total and they are awarded in the order of admittance.
The scholarship can be applied for on the application form when applying to the programme.
Second Academic Year / Scholarship
When required to pay a tuition fee, you can apply for
- a scholarship of EUR 6 000 for the second academic year
If you have completed a minimum of 60 ECTS credits of studies included in the personal study plan during the first academic year.
With a possible scholarship the tuition fee is EUR 7 500 for the second academic year.
The required credits must be included in your transcript of records by the end of your first academic year, that is, by 31 July.
- You may apply to ONE Master's programme in technology OR business.
- Fill in the online application form at www.studyinfo.fi (available only during rolling admission)
Use Firefox as your web browser when you fill in the online application form. Go to www.studyinfo.fi > Search for the programme you are applying to > Go to the programme page > Enter the online application form through the link 'Fill in Application'.
- Link to the online application form.
- Fill in the online application form and upload all the required documents (further information: Required Documents) and submit your application by 31 May 2022 at 15:00 (UTC+3).
- If the uploaded documents are not acceptable or documents are missing, LUT Admissions Services will e-mail you a detailed request to supplement your application through Studyinfo. You will have two weeks to supplement your application after you receive the request.
- If the uploaded documents are accepted, LUT Admissions Services will e-mail you a confirmation through Studyinfo.
- Do not mail LUT University any hard copies for your application documents.
- You will receive an admission decision within a month of providing us with all the required documents.
Final verification of educational documents after studies start
- Final verification for degrees from countries other than Finland
The final verification of your documents will take place after your arrival at LUT University. Bring your original degree certificates and transcripts of records and their possible translations for review.
If you do not bring the original documents or if you present forgeries, you will automatically lose your right to study at LUT University.
Accepting your place at LUT
- You must accept your place at LUT and pay the tuition fee (if required) within 21 days of receiving your admission decision by e-mail.
- Please note that you will be able to accept only one place in a programme that begins in Finland in the autumn term 2022.
- You will not be able to change your choice after you have accepted one student place. The first place you accept will be your final choice. For further information, please see StudyInfo - One Study Place per Term Provision.